Last updated January 11, 2021
This Cookies Policy applies to the users of Amarin Pharmaceuticals Ireland, Ltd., a subsidiary of Amarin Corporation plc, websites and sets out information about cookies and other tracking technologies that are used in the context of our website.
What is a Cookie?
A "cookie" is a small data file stored on your device (e.g., computer, smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application that collects information, such as your settings and preferences. Cookies are typically classified as either "session" cookies or "persistent" cookies:
- "Session" cookies are temporary cookies that do not stay on your device after you leave our website or close your browser. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyse traffic patterns on our website. This can enable us over time to provide a better experience on our website by improving content or personalization and making our website easier to use.
- "Persistent" cookies are permanent cookies that remain on your device after you visited the website and closed your browser. They are used to facilitate personalization and registration services.
Types of Cookies We Use
Some of the cookies used by our website are set by us and some are set by third parties. The data generated through cookies on Amarin websites can be used for various purposes including the following:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website and saving items to a shopping basket.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages. They are used to improve how a website works in future versions.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make such as user name, language or region you are in and provide a more enhanced personal experience.
Below you can find an overview of the cookies we and/or third parties acting on our behalf place on your device when you visit the website:
|Name of the cookie||Type of the cookie||Purpose of the cookie||Lifespan of the cookie|
|_ga||Performance||Persistent: Google analytics cookie, identifies user, website performance & measurement||1 year|
|cfduid||Strictly Necessary||Persistent: Used by CloudFlare (Content Delivery Network service provider) to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis and server load balancing. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.||30 days|
Certain cookies are required for operation of our website and do not require your consent. For those cookies that are not strictly necessary, we collect your consent before placing them on your device. You will have the ability to withdraw your consent to the use of these cookies through our website and your browser settings:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options
- Google chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This site contains useful information on cookies and information on how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile devices. Please note, however, that if you turn off cookies used by the website, there may be some features of our website that will not be available to you and some web pages may not display properly.
Google will use this information as our processor to help us evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other statistical and analytical services relating to usage of our website. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You can withdraw your consent and prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) at any time as follows:
- To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please download and install a browser-plugin which is available here.
- For an overview of privacy at Google, please click https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Changes to Our Cookies Policy
We may modify or update this Cookies Policy from time to time. If we change this Cookies Policy, you will be able to locate the latest version on our website.
Click here to manage cookies.